Wow... just wow. I couldn't drop the book the past few sittings. The story was pretty good.
[spoiler warning - this will ruin the story for you]
When I read who the 4th person was, that it was his wife, I thought the 5th person has to be more important than her. I was almost certain it was his mom. Because that's the only person who have a played a larger part in his life than his wife has. So, I was surprised when the 5th person wasn't his mom at all. And who it was, I didn't see it coming. And in a way, that person is the most important person in his life. Because that person changed him... the reason why he has this cloud of sadness for most of his life, until he died.
I liked the part when he was with his wife, and she looked like how she was when they married. But he asked her to change back to her older, more wrinkled self. That to me was a powerful expression of love. That he loved her not because of how she looked but of who she was.
I was also overwhelmed when the whole reason for all of this effort was revealed... Why did he have to talk to 5 people? During his life, he has felt insufficient and yet when he understood the role he played in life, the lives he has saved and affected, he came to peace with himself.
Saturday, February 10, 2007
Just finished "Five People..."
Posted by
chris
at
1:20 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment