We zipped and zoomed through the city. If there was anything I was impressed with, it was that J knows the city quite well. She's been here for what? 20 years. She came here when she was young.
I would sometimes make the mistake that she'll get some Filipino joke or term I used, but forget that she was already here when it became fashionable in the Philippines. She once asked me what 'Jokwa' means. Because a cousin who just came from the Philippines used the term. I told her, I have no idea, but it sounded 'squatter'. She asked what that meant, I said 'nevermind.'
What's funny is that she has 3 accents. She has an American accent when she speaks English, a Tagalog accent which is kind of a mix of accents really, and what I could only surmise an Ilokana accent. I think the Ilokana accent is the best one. It reminds me back home, to be honest.
We arrived at the area where we'd meet with her cousin, and a few minutes later, found a parking spot. We stood at the street while she arranged how to meet with her cousin. He finally said he's close by. Then he appeared out of the masses of pedestrians. He was slender, maybe 5'6" and 'singkit' (chinese-looking eyes). He was half chinese, but could very well pass as a pure Filipino. He's good looking for an asian dude. And has that party vibe with him.
After a few introductions, he lead us to a nearby bar. It was very dark--you almost can't see anything--and I guess that's the idea. It's to hide whatever might potentially happen at the place. As I entered the bar, I found naked pictures of men. I anticipated to find out where the pictures of naked women were. I wonder if they're at the back of the bar. When we got there, there were still more pictures of naked men. I then realized we were in a gay bar.
We started with a few drinks, and I was happy to oblige. First was a light beer, then a martini. After this point, the events are pretty choppy. I don't remember a lot. We talked about a lot of stuff. Whatever they were, all I remember was I was having fun.
After that, we switched and hopped to a more upscale gay bar (damn... it looks like this was a street full of gay bars). I was expecting the patrons that go to these establishments to look really gay, but no they looked like normal men. If I saw them somewhere else, I wouldn't even think they were gay. Ironically, I feel more comfortable in this setting. Not only were we all guys but also because there aren't a lot of hot women who can tear a poor chump apart.
In this new place, we got ourselves comfortable then played darts on the 2nd floor of the bar. A few minutes later, we went to the 3rd floor, which is the dance area. I don't know why, but even though I was so drunk I still ordered a hard drink. I think partially because I didn't know my own limits.
I don't drink that much, and have no preconception as to how much I can drink and what it can really do to myself.
Unfortunately, I'm going to learn that lesson tonight.
A few more minutes, I scoured the dance floor, and found a nice cute latina (J would later say she was asian, but at that time I honestly thought she was latina). We made eye contact. She danced somewhat far away. And so I started dancing and made my way.
It was definitely heavily drunk, because before I know it, I was behind her, following her gyrations to the music's rhythm. Under normal circumstances, I would be patting my back right now for an approach well done. But I'm too drunk--too unaware, too proud, too uninhibited. I talked to her, the subject matter of which escapes me. But I knew her name was 'Rey'. I remembered that because it was an odd name. We talked for a few minutes, and the conversation went flat. I then lost her interest.
It was ok. It was my first approach ever anyway, and I'm proud I've got it behind me. Now, time to pee. Gawd, I'm ready to burst. I tried finding the nearest bathroom. I emphasize the 'try'.
This is where things turned ugly... I blacked out.
The next thing I remember, a burly bouncer was escorting me downstairs... and I was fading in and out of consciousness...
(to be continued...)
Thursday, September 20, 2007
Thursday Night Out, part 2
Posted by
chris
at
11:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
lolz! panalo. This is why I drink and discover my limits in more secure/safer environments :P
congrats!
Post a Comment