Sunday, August 26, 2007

The Joy of Weekends

Weekends, lately I found, have been very kind to me. I can sit back and have a nice drink of coffee, or shake. (I like the creamy melon shake that I used to buy from Virramall when I was a kid.) And lazily observe the world go by. It's a time to unwind for me. But more importantly, it's a time that I can pursue personal enrichment and finish up some personal projects.

It allows me to explore things that interest me. What a nice feeling it is to discover new stuff! Not 1, nor 2, but on 3 fronts, whole new worlds have opened up to me the past few weeks. It will probably take more than a lifetime to fully explore everything that has been opened up.

(I know I am sound weird, but I guarantee you I'm not on some medication. I am feeling a sense of renaissance during weekends.)

What I find ironic is that I also am getting a liking to cleaning. Yes! The eternal messy individual that is me now likes to clean. My room is now somewhat orderly. How could that be? We're talking about me here, the infamous room messer (is there such a word? lol). It almost sound preposterous, doesn't it? I betrayed my own habits!

The only downside to all of this of course, is that I often find that it's already Sunday night... and that I have to go back to weekday mode. Aaahh, the good things in life never last.

No comments: