Sunday, October 15, 2006

Update on a variety of stuff.

I'm kinda late on an update. I would have probably made a few entries if Internet was easily accessible. Unfortunately, my laziness got the better of me, and now, I'm writing this with just how I remember the events of the last two weeks unfolds. In short, I'll be relying on my sharp photographic memory for this (hint: that's a very sarcastic comment).

Anyway, I had an epiphany on what this blog is gonna be about. It will be for some future time when I want to remember what I have been doing when I was young (and not so young), and I want to relive what I have been doing back then. Kind of like a diary huh?

[Update on my job]
So, I have gotten a new job. I've been there for 3 weeks so far, but it feels I've been there for a lot longer. I've done a lot more programming there than perhaps my last job. It's crazy. I'm still not out of the woods. I know I'm still in some sort of monitored period (the word escapes me right now). So, I still need to do my best day in day out.

[Crying to my Mom]
A few days ago, I talked to my Mom. I hate it... and I mean I hate it when I'm still my Mom's son. My Mom and I don't have the best relationship... We don't see each other eye to eye on a lot of stuff, and hence I try to act all tough whenever I talk to her. Unfortunately, she mentioned stuff back home that I sorely missed. This coming december will also be special, because my dad will be turning 50. And when she said that, I just had a flashback of all the sacrifices my dad has done.

I was the first kid, so even though I was so young at that time, I knew that my parents were struggling (Well, I didn't know at that time they were struggling, it's only when I was a little bit older that I realized what was happening.) One night during these early times, I heard my Dad crying. He was complaining about something. I think it was hard at that time for him just to keep our small family to stay afloat. He was a new graduate. And the type of jobs he was getting were entry level jobs that didn't pay well.

So, when my Mom told me that, tears of gratitude just poured out of me... I wanted to tell him what a good job he's done...

[Cast Away]
Anyway, enough of that drama, and going back to my immediate circle of influence. I watched "Cast Away" by Tom Hanks. And it was funny how I remarked it's a one-man show. It's the 2nd time I was watching this movie, but I forgot most of it's scenes. I still would like to know what was inside the Fedex boxes that he left at the end of the movie.

[Fedex]
Speaking of Fedex, those bastards damaged my gaming computer. I had my computer shipped by my roommate, Manu, from Florida to here in San Diego. However, when I received it, it was not working. The next day, I noticed there were shards of plastic and bent metal of the casing. It was most likely dropped along the way.

Anyway, there's still a lot I would like to write about, but these will do for now.

2 comments:

brymac said...

Happy Birthday Bong!

chris said...

Thanks Bmac!