Sunday, March 12, 2006

13th of March

My mom visited me for 2 weeks here in Florida, and left about a week ago. It was quite a refreshing visit to be honest. I tasted some home meals for a change. My dad was also here, arriving 10 days after my mom.

One thing I'd like to talk about is about my dad. As I learn more about my dad, the more I see myself in him. For starters, it's how he is with other people and his love ones. If you want to make my dad happy, you can't make it by giving him stuff and other things that you usually give to people to surprise them. The way to do so is to make the people he wants happy to be happy.

If I give my mom a gift, my dad is happy. That's where he derives his satisfaction--knowing that other people are happy. It's this selfless act that I inherited from him. I usually put other people first before myself. In some of the things I do (altogether a huge subject), I usually put others first, then my own, if it's still needed. Feeling the joy and satisfaction of others gives me the same joy and satisfaction.

Anyway, let me just tell you what we did here, cause that's where the good stuff really is. I was so appreciative that my dad took the time to fix my car. It's an old Toyota Camry. It has some things wrong with it. Not really show stoppers, more like small things that I just don't have the knowledge to fix.

In one of the 3 days he was here, he took my mom on a stroll around the apartment complex. I stayed behind to give them some time for themselves. They were like kids, actually. Each enjoying each other's company and the moment. Something that I miss. Little did I know that they walked like 10 minutes to the local grocery. My mom loves to buy stuff, whether they're food or fashion accessories. And my dad knows this and that's why he took her there.

They came back late, and got me a little bit worried, but I knew they were safe. They looked haggard from the walk, but nonetheless enjoyed their time. It's one of the moments that I'll remember during their visit here. And so glad I could see them like that. I mean what else could I ask for? My parents are in love with each other like as if they have just met.

It's amazing how I start this log trying to write about my experience and end up writing someone else's. Maybe it's just my dad in me. I'm happy when I see other people enjoying themselves =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

naks naman kuya bong, in touch with his sensitive side! nice to hear from yah!

chris said...

Hahaha, Maco, loko ka, binabasa mo pala blog ko. Kala ko walang nagbabasa ng blog ko!

Musta na? =P

Maco said...

ayos lang... heto ganun pa din... geeker than ever i guess ... hehehe... tagal ko na walang balita sa iyo... nakita ko lang sa blogroll ni bmac itong blog mo. hehehe... nice to hear from you!

Maco said...

ayos lang... heto ganun pa din... geeker than ever i guess ... hehehe... tagal ko na walang balita sa iyo... nakita ko lang sa blogroll ni bmac itong blog mo. hehehe... nice to hear from you!