I've been spending lots of time playing World of Warcraft (WoW). And I can't begin to describe the experience. The WoW world is just amazing. You can spend your time just walking around and be awed by the surroundings. Although I have made some friends there (you easily make friends when you're one of the highest-leveled characters around ;) ), I prefer to do quests alone.
I love doing quests alone--going out there, and facing the challenges all by yourself. I love it not because of some greedy scheme to level up faster (which is actually slower, since quests sometimes are too difficult to do and require a partner or two), but just there's a part of me that wants to face my fears alone. I feel that as I play the game and facing the demons, I'm facing my own demons in my life.
Sometimes, it feels like I'm looking for redemption of some sort. But redemption from what? I don't know... There are things that I can't quite yet understand, but I feel like I have always been running away from something. When I face those monsters in the game, I am fearless and don't care if I die. I need to take those risks, I need to exorcize the demons within me...
Friday, December 03, 2004
WoW
Posted by
chris
at
8:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment